Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Unseason

We have no season. Last year we had spring, summer, autumn. Autumn never ended (because winter means freezing temps for seven days) until the meteorologists decided that autumn can't go on longer than until February 14 and spring can start at February 15 at the earliest. Spring starts when the mean temperature over 24 hours has been above freezing for seven days in a row. We just had a couple of frost nights and cold days, sooo it is not spring. And not autumn. And definitely not winter. Unseason.

It may be fitting that I finished my Fire & Ice socks yesterday.

Pattern: Dove socks (Upstream architecture) from New Pathways for Sock Knitters book one.
Yarn: Cider Moon Icicle in Grand Canyon, but I think it looks like flames, 74 grams. I have 30 grams left which will be plenty for baby socks for A.
Needles: 2 mm Addi Turbos, magic loop
Mods: My gauge was much smaller so I reworked the pattern to 72 stitches. I made the diamond 6 purls wide instead of four. I made my own toe. I made the leg continue a bit above the diamond.
Verdict: Lovely yarn. A tiny bit of pooling in the gussets, otherwise lovely stripes. Great fit, good length (6,5" above heel flap) I started these in August and it is so good that they are done!


1 comment:

  1. hi malin,

    I saw your blog online. I'm interested in knitting too. I have knit a few top before with guidance from someone. but now i want to know how to gauge the size of knitting a sweater for my baby and sweater for my hubby.
    I have alot of threads. But I don't know what to do with them.
    I know how to start off the knitting. I know how the basic knit and Purl, thats all.
    you can contact me at ice_kacang@hotmail.com
    my name is Jamie

    ReplyDelete