Monday, August 09, 2010

The best laid plans...

I have 16 WIPs on Ravelry (all but 6 are shawls...) And 14 Hibernating. I have also promised my three (thankfully small) children a sweater each, I already bought yarn for them. I think it's time for a Plan.

- Assess my pile of hibernating objects and rip out the projects I will never finish.
- Finish projects that are almost done.
- Don't start any new shawls until a few of the old ones are done.
- Finish Dad's sweater before his birthday (5 October)
- Start kid sweaters when Dad's sweater is done.
- New bus projects (e. g. plain socks) are allowed when the old ones are completed.

I will start tonight by working on Heart of Wales. I have only 8 rows to go before bind off, it should be done in a couple of nights. After that I have to make Dad's sweater a priority. If I work on it a little every day it will be done in no time (famous last words, eh?) Maia, and hopefully Heart of Wales, will be blocked this coming weekend.

If I can keep away from the second installment of the Outlander series which arrived in my mailbox today...


  1. Good luck on finishing up the Heart of Wales! If it's any consolation, I feel buried under the things I am in the middle of and want to make also! :)

  2. Not to tempt you or anything ;-) but it's a really quick knit. I started it last Wednesday and I'm almost done.