Sunday, February 18, 2007

Good yarn, bad yarn

I finished knitting the Baby Surprise Jacket. It sure looks strange, doesn't it?

But it's so cute when folded correctly :-)

Of course I have a million ends to weave in before seaming it together, bleh. I think I'll use a self-striping yarn if I make another one, I like the stripes around the corners, but weaving in ends are not so fun. The size turned out to be about 0-3 months I think.

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe made a fantastic update a couple of weeks ago, so I just *had* to order some... It arrived the other day. Very yummy!
I tried to be professional and take a daylight picture without flash, but the colours actually turned out more life-like on the flash picture, oh well.

From left to right: All Things Heather merino in Maraschino, J. Knits in Boston, Yarn Pirate merino/tencel in Rosie, Lorna's Laces in Jay Pond, Apple Laine Apple Pie in Pretty in Pink, and Scarlet Fleece It's Tubular x 2 in Purple Mountain. They are all fantastic and I can't wait to start knitting Perfect Socks with them! The red or the pink might become Falling in Love socks
but I'm also a bit reluctant to start anything new before the yarn requirements for Sock Madness has been posted. I'll need to set yarn aside for that. Decisions, decisions!

And now for some yarn disappointment: I made a pair of socks with a very colourful Koigu a while back. I liked them very much but look at them now! The small balls of yarn are not washed, the socks are washed three times, in a nice detergent without bleaching agents and all that.
There's hardly any colour left! The yarn has gone all pastel on me, and let me tell you pastels are so not my thing! Anyone else has experienced this? I thought Koigu was a Good Brand, now I'm not so sure.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely lovely yarn goodies, but such a shame about the Koigu.

    ReplyDelete