Friday, July 13, 2007

Endings and beginnings

Today was my last day at work. Now I'm officially on vacation until the baby arrives and then there's maternity leave for a year or so. It felt both great and strange to pack all my things and leave today. I work as a consultant so I probably won't come back to the same assignment.

The latest Harry Potter movie premiers today here in Sweden so we're going to see it tonight. Fun, fun. And I'm looking forward to the last book next week. M reads much more slowly than I do, so I get to read it first :-)

I've been starting way too many projects lately, so now I have to finish something before I start any more. Here's something that I *have* finished:


OK, so they are rather small (but not newborn sized) and I finished them two days after I started but it *is* an FO :-)

Pattern: Mim's Baby to Toddler socks
Yarn: Opal Rainbow (leftovers from my Sidewinders) The socks weigh about 17 g
Needle: 2,5 mm Addi Turbo, magic loop
Size: The foot is about 12 cm/4,5" long and the circumference is about the same. Good for a six-month old perhaps?
Mods: I continued the ribbing down the instep for a more forgiving fit. Though I forgot to center the rib on the first sock so it looks a bit weird.

I have been feeling the urge to knit baby things (nesting for knitters?) so I ripped a baby sweater I started long ago and didn't like and started a new one with the yarn.


I don't have a pattern per se, but I'm aiming for a plain sweater with a placket at the neck. Seed stitch edges. Knit in the round as much as possible. I hope I have enough yarn. If not, the sleeves will be in some other colour. I have a few solid Opal sthat may suit.

Then I ripped a sock toe in Panda Cotton that I started ages ago and wasn't really happy with and started on Alisons cute baby pants. I've got almost a whole leg already.


My gauge is off (7 sts/in instead of 5,75) so I'm using the stitch counts for the second size and the length from the smallest size. I also got rid of the bell bottoms, don't like that. And made the garter edging thinner. The yarn is very nice and soft, I think these will turn out great!

I finally managed to talke a photo of my Highland Triangle shawl.


I have barely stared and I ahven't worked on it for a while, but I think it will be great. If you stretch it a bit you see circles in the pattern. And the yarn is a beautiful indigo blue :-)

After searching high and low I managed to find a tiny crochet hook that fits almost all of my beads for Myster Stole 3! So I have finally started it.


This is how it looks a little bit into chart B, so I'm still on the first clue. Clue three has just been released, we'll see when (and if) I get caught up! I like it and the pattern isn't too hard to follow. The beads are a bit fiddly though, but I expect it gets better with a bit of practice.
I'm using Zephyr laceweight in white with transparent rainbow seed beads in size 9. 3,5 mm Addi Lace needle and a size 12 crochet hook. It doesn't fit all the beads but I may have a smaller one in the mail next week. A very nice lady on one of my Swedish mailing lists offered it too me when I asked where to find such small hooks. I don't even want to think about trying to crochet with it! Sewing thread...

No comments:

Post a Comment