Friday, September 08, 2006

Actual Quilty Content

[I wrote this post a couple of days ago but Blogger has uncooperative until today. Oh well.]

So I paid a quick visit to a quilt event this weekend. There were maybe 15 vendors, a Bernina sewing machine demo and a small exibition by the local guild. And lots of classes, but they where pre-booked only. If I had traveled 300 k just for this I would probably been disappointed, because the reputation says it so great, but now we only drove maybe 50 k extra so it was OK.

I have been in a bit of a quilting slump for the past months, I'm uninspired and don't know what I want to do (even though I have UFO's galore to finish if nothing else) So it was fun to see some new things, buy some stuff. I got a little fabric, a piece of Paula Nadelstern kaleidoscope fabric I just couldn't resist and two batik packs on sale (one for Mom). I also got some nice Sulky varegiated quilting thread and a little metallic thread for an upcoming class. And two Australian magazines. And a few beads and notions. Fun, fun.

I also saw some nice quilts.

Big and little version of the same pattern:


Both are really nice. They are from a quilt shop near our cottage in the woods, Tyger & Ting. The next quilt is also designed by them. This is just half the quilt, it was hanging over a railing. The diagonal bits are actually fluffy chenille.


I don't know who made this one. It was part of the guild exibition and I saw no name on it. The style reminds me of old utility quilts made out of suit remnants and such. Very nice and graphic. A bit 50s or 60s in the design I think.


Don't know who made this one either (sorry) It's a nice Lone Star design, fun with the 'spokes', makes it a bit wheel like.


I have a Lone Star UFO hiding here somewhere, queen size. The star is finished but I haven't added the background squares and triangles. I plan no border, only to make it float a little on the background and then a multicoloured binding in the same fabrics as in the star. I have no idea on how I will quilt it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment