Friday, May 25, 2007

Witty title

Coming up with intelligent titles is one of the hardest parts with blogging...

I'm eagerly waiting for Ravelry to open and in the meantime I have been uploading my pictures to Flickr (note to self: get a paid account) so the pics in this entry lives on Flickr. Please tell me if it doesn't work properly! I had some trouble figuring out how to make them visible in the blog. In the end I just loaded the picture page in Flickr, left-clicked on the pic there and chose "Copy image location" Then I pasted that into the "Add image from the web" thing in Blogger. It seems to work on my machine, but you never know...

Here's my latest loot from The Loopy Ewe:


Left to right: Lane Borgosesia Cashwool lace weight in Pearl, Fleece Artist Sea Wool in Raspberry, The Knittery Merino Cashmere Sock in Water Lilies, Stonebarn Fibers in Tainted Love. All very yummy :-) My three tiny yarn baskets are overflowing on to the table now. Tomorrow I'm going to IKEA for some shelves! I need them, especially sonce I scored some goodies at the latest Loopy sneakup...

I finished the first Boyfriend sock:

Dunno why the colours are so light in the picture, I didn't use the flash and the light was good. The yarn is quite a bit darker really. Here's a detail of the pattern:

The cables show up really well in the Tiny Toes and I like how the cables move from one set of ribbing to the other. The second sock is just above the toe, on the second go. I seem to have a problem getting the same gauge on sock two these days, it often comes out bigger than the first one though the reverse has happened too. I wonder why? Part of the problem may be that I have four pairs OTN right now, and alternating between them is probably not a good idea really... I should concentrate on finish one pair instead. I haven't finished anything for Sock A Month 3 this month. Up until now I have finished at least one pair a month, I want to keep doing that!

But there are so amny things I want to knit right now so it' hard to concentrate on just the one project. E has asked for socks and I will start them as soon as I have freed up a long 2.5 mm circ. I'm going to try making two pair on one circ, toe-up, using the leftover blue and gray Scout's Swag I used for the Millicent socks. And then I'd better make a pair for H as well, or else... I think I'll use the leftover pink Apple Laine I used for one of the Socks Madness pairs.
The I saw the cutest baby hat that's probably also good for using up leftover sock yarn. Norwegian version with correction, and now also an English version.

The Swallowtail is waiting for my new Addi Lace needles that should be on their way from Garnkorgen. I think I ordered one of every size she had... So they do exist in Europe too! I had heard a rumour saying that they would only be available in the US, so glad that didn't turn out to be true. I feel a little silly ordering European stuff from the US... I get my Opal, Regia, Trekking etc from overe here.

Speaking of socks, I joined Summer of Socks. Mostly to get more motivation to finish socks when the SAM3 ends, I don't think I'll win any prizes. And it's always fun to see what others are working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment