Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cable Rib socks done

I finished these a couple of days ago, but then the camera battery was flat so I couldn't document them then. These are my July socks for SAM3 and my first pair for Summer of Socks all in one!


Pattern: Cable Rib socks from Favorite Socks by Interweave.
Yarn: Trekking XXL in colour 184 (navy and green)
Needle: 2,5 mm Addi Turbo, magic loop
Mods:
- The pattern says to make the leg 10 cable crossings long = about 8". I made 7 crossings.
- I did all cable crossings with cable needle held in front, beacuse I'm lazy ;-)
- Decreased toe down to 2x10 sts instead of 2x8 (oops, forgot that on the second sock, but you can't tell the difference really)
Made for: These are for Dad. Very handy that he has the same size feet as I do, no guesswork.


Verdict: I'm very very pleased with these socks. I may make a pair for myself too. The pattern is really easy, just a simple rib with two cable crossings every ten rows. Now that I know how the pattern works I can modify them for toe-up too!
The yarn feels sturdy and the colour changes are subtle and non-repeating.

With this sock out of the way I have picked up the Pomatomus again. I forgot to take a picture of them but I'm maybe an inch past the gusset.

The Swallowtail shawl is now at 13 repeats of the second chart out of a supposed 14. I can stretch the upper edge to about 80 cm/30" and about half of that from top to bottom. Isn't that very small? It seems tiny to me, so 19 repeats it is! I have finally learnt the pattern almost by heart so it is much faster going now than when I started it.

Talking about starting... I finally fell and signed up for Mystery Stole 3. I wasn't planning to beacuse I didn't feel that stole where my thing really, but then I saw the the results of the first clue... I had white Zephyr in my stash and I got beads today, tiny little transparent size 9 seed beads with a bit of a rainbow touch to them. And I ordered a crochet hook that I hope will fit through them.

This means that I will soon have three lace shawls on the needles. Just as I managed to get down from four to two socks on the go. Do I have a problem?!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous socks! Love both the color and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete