Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hi there!

I'm a quilter and a knitter (is that a qui-tter?!) and I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs, so I suppose I should start my own. Currently I knit more than I quilt but it used to be the other way around. I have been quilting since, well, 2001 I think. My first finished project was a play rug for my baby son. Since then I have become rather obsessed with quilting, I have a decent stash and a nice sewing machine, lots of UFO:s and even some finished projects. Of course I'll post pictures, as soon as I figure out how :-)

A couple of months ago I began checking out knitting blogs, and very soon I found lots of fantastic blogs. Suddenly I felt the urge to knit again, something small that would finish fast (not like the big quilt projects): socks! So I got me some sock yarn... I now have finished 4 pairs and have three pairs on the needles. And lots of sock yarn. I have also discovered that lace can be nice, non-frilly and beautiful. And it's fun to knit too. I finished my first lace shawl the other day.

Earlier in my life I have been knitting quite a lot, Norweigian patterned sweaters, an Aran sweater (I bought the yarn in Ireland, as a souvenir), Scandinavian style Fair Isle mittens, and so on. I'm not a big fan of plain stocking stitch, I find it a bit boring to knit. So most of my projects have patterns of some kind, either more than one colour or some kind of texture pattern.

That's all for now, I'm off to find some pictures of my stuff, and to find out how to operate this Blogger thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment