Sunday, August 06, 2006

More socks

I bought this yarn to make a cardigan for H who was then about 1. I didn't like how it turned out so I frogged it and made these socks instead. The yarn is Regia, can't remember the colour.

The patterns is Slipped-Stitch Rib sock from Sensational Knitted Socks, and I managed to make them nearly identical. They fit very nicely and will be fun to wear. I like bold, happy colours and as I wear black or blue jeans most days (ok, not now in our extremely hot summer)
bright socks are fun.

E was very interested in my sock knitting and wanted socks for himself, so I made him a pair from the leftovers.


I used Wendy's generic toe-up sock pattern for these and E loves them. These are my first toe-up socks and I really like the method. I'm always paranoid about running out of yarn and I haven't learned how much yarn socks for me usually require, so toe-ups are a good insurance :-) Wendy's pattern uses short row heels wich work just fine, but I like heel flap socks too. I'm itching to try the toe-up heel flap socks in the latest Knitty. The heels look just like the top down version. Other patterns I've seen have the heel flap under the foot and I don't like that look. I have to rework the patterns first though. Apparently I have wide feet (at least compared to sock designers), about 9 inches around.

No comments:

Post a Comment