Monday, October 22, 2007

Rushing Rivulet socks


Pattern: Rushing Rivulet socks from New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi.
Yarn: Fiesta Boomerang in Quince, one skein.
Needles: 3 mm KnitPicks circ
Mods: I changed the cuff to a k1, p1 rib with EZ sewn bind-off.
Verdict: I really like this yarn. It is soft, solid and springy and it shows the texture pattern very well. This colourway is rather bland for me but it goes nicely with jeans.
This sock architecture, with the "gusset" on the sole

fits me very well. I have a highish instep (which I didn't compensate for, even though there are instructions on how to do it. I don't think that it would work with this stitch pattern) and a rather high arch.

I like the look with the texture pattern on the side too.

No comments:

Post a Comment